Dr. Oscar T. Moses
W.A.R. Bible Study
Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church of Chicago
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Living My Best Life Bible Study # 4
The Picture of Creativity
It’s OK to Be Different!
We are all different… and that’s ok. God created us all with unique features and personality traits. No two people in God’s creation are the same; even identical twin’s fingerprints recognize them as different. Unfortunately, we often feel ashamed of our differences. Yet, it is essential to understand you will never accomplish great things by being the same as the world. Do not fear your Godly designed creative differences, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
Consider this: In 2004 the silver screen sensation “Ray” hit cinemas across the country. It focused on the career of the legendary Ray Charles. The film was quite informative on how the legend’s career evolved. Early in the film music producers were gently writing Ray Charles’s career off as a loss. The problem was his lack of originality.
Music producers told Ray Charles the problem was he sounded like everyone else. He was good at impersonating Charles Brown and Nat King Cole. The producer’s advice to Ray Charles was, “We already have a Charles Brown and a Nat King Cole. What does Ray Charles sound like?” It was when Ray found his own voice that his success soared. Who are you really?
Small Group Discussion
Thought #1 – “Why should you be a cheap 2ndclass imitation of someone else when God has made you a 1st class presentation of who He designed you to be?”
- What do the following scriptures teach us about our creative differences? Name 3 things for each scripture.
- Psalm 139:13-14
- 1 Peter 2:9
- Psalm 119:73-74
- Isaiah 64:8
- What do the following scriptures teach us about God knowing what He had in mind when He created us?
- Matthew 10:29-31
- Jeremiah 1:4-5
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Ephesians 2:10
- Psalm 139:16
- How do the following scriptures teach us that our individual creativity and differences are needed in the church?
- 1 Corinthians 12:25-28
- 1 Peter 4:10
- What do the following scriptures teach about God’s involvement in our lives and our individual uniqueness?
- Psalm 139:2-4
- Romans 8:32
- Genesis 1:27
- Why is it important to use your own creativity?
Give a Bible verse to support the following statements?
- You Must Realize That God Has Made You a Creative Design
- You Must Take the Responsibility to Cultivate Your Development
- You Must Respond in a Manner That Says, The World is Waiting for My Contribution to Solve a Dilemma
Because of Him!
Dr. Oscar T. Moses
Rights reserved Dr. Oscar T. Moses – W.A.R. Bible Studies – Living My Best Life – 2019